Campsites near Manchester

olley

Hi guys I need to go to Manchester this weekend, and I am looking for a site close to public transport as we won't be towing. Well hole farm is out as unless its changed the trains don't run on a sunday. We would like a train as our experiance of the late night weekend buses has been that half the time they don't turn up.

Olley

Hi Bazz thanks but I tried that, standard pitches are fully booked according to the online system. :-( Serviced pitches are fully booked till after april 08 8-)

Olley

PS got through to the site direct and they had a space. Thanks

Olley

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up this posting follow our return home fomr a number of the CC sites. A point to ponder for the future, Olley, is that whilst the computer shows no availability, there's often the odd space or two if you call teh cite direct. I've done this on a number of occasions, in act for last week I neede a couple of extra notes at Chester Site which they fitted in OK. I think the computer must have a 'cut off' when there are still just a few pitches left, and of course there are frequently 'no shows' which means you can sometimes get a pitch at the last minute..

Guest Tracker

It always used to be CC and CCC policy to keep a pitch or two in reserve to allow for spontaneous arrivals but their was a nasty rumour that this practise had ceased in the name of maximum income?

Not being a cynic, maybe it just takes longer to log cancellations on the website than to log bookings in?

Keith T - 2007-10-20 6:54 PM

whilst the computer shows no availability, there's often the odd space or two if you call teh cite direct.

Yes, I did that only yesterday. We had booked for Braithwaite Fold the weekend of 2-4 November, and decided we wanted to go a couple of days earlier, ie the 31st of October. On their website it showed they had availability for only the 1st of November and nothing for the rest of that whole week. I rang them yesterday and asked about it, and she said that she had availability for that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, yet on the system those days are all showing as full.

But that is hardly last minute though, it is 10 days off yet, curious!

Ina.

Just picked up this thread a bit late for this time, but the CCC have a excellent new site at Delamere right on the edge of the Forest but next to the train station, the train into Manchester and Chester run approx every hour, just got back from a few days at this site and found it excellent. Good idea to take cycles if you have them, as there are great cycle and walking tracks in the forest.

Friends of ours went there a few weeks ago, they liked it too. However, they did say that part of the site was near the road (which was where they were) and there was rather a lot of road noise. That was their only gripe though.

Haven't tried it out ourselves, but as we really like cycling and Delamere has a lot of cycle tracks, will try it out before long.

Ina.

Archived