Canpsite Review-Camping Municipal Chalons en Champagne

Klyne

This is an excellent municipal campsite with around 150 pitches. It is situated in an urban setting next to a park area complete with tennis courts and crazy golf. There is also a small lake which forms one boundary of the campsite. The whole park and camping is surrounded by housing with clever use being made of the space. The pitches are either on gravel hardstandings divided by hedges or grass which are more open and all are of a generous size. Some pitches have water and waste adjacent. Electricity is accessible to the non tent pitches and is rated as 10 amp. There are two toilet/shower blocks which, whilst kept clean and serviceable with seated toilets and paper provided. However they are now a little dated and could soon need a makeover. The block nearest Reception has clothes washing and drying facilities. The site does not have a shop but bread can be ordered from Reception. Opposite Reception there is a takeaway and seating area, hardly a restaurant but a useful facility for those that don't want to cook. There are a few shops on the main road just a short walk from the site. Pricing I feel is a bit on the steep side at €22 per night (2009) for a Municipal but at least you are getting a good quality campsite that can cope with most weather conditions. To counter this the site does have free WiFi which is site wide. This is a very popular overnight site and fills up quite quickly in the busy part of the season.

For more information and pictures follow this link:- http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/camp_municipal_chalons.htm

David

duffers - 2009-07-01 9:40 PM

Stayed there a few years ago, agree with david's comments - an excellent site with good facilities and conveniently placed.

pity about the price rise though, this exchange rate is a killer innit tho

ray

Ray

I think the last time we stayed there it was about 5 years ago. Even then it was €18.80 a night. I have noticed that those sites close to the main through routes do seem to charge a bit of a premium but I suppose you have to offset that against the convenience!

David

Archived