Cornwall into Somerset (the perfect holiday)

Forester

We are thinking of driving to Cornwall & meandering back home taking in sites in Cornwall then Devon & last but not least Somerset. We intend to do this around July/Aug 07 for 16 days. Right now for the hard bit! Bearing in mind that we want to be home in the N/West ON the 16th day We kick off in CornwalL,How would you start your trip? which sites in Cornwall then Devon then Somerset would you recommend ? The trips have to bear in mind  5days in Cornwall 5 days in Devon & 5 days in Zummerset creeping nearer home each day. Can we do it between us!

• 3 months later...
I'm sorry nobody has bothered to reply! Up Zummerzet end there is a nice site near Chew Vally Lake called Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park, Ham Lane, Bishop Sutton, Tel: 01275 332127. There is a nice small site on the Mendips near Priddy but I can't find the phone number for it at the moment. If I do I'll let you know. Enjoy your holiday when it comes. Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure how far off the beaten track you want to go, or whether you are looking for 'town/city' or country. However in Somerset the CC site at Minehead is great - good location, easy walk into town/ sea front and steam railway, and whilst not quite in Somerset, Bristol Baltic Wharf CC is superb - if you can get in, and you would almost certianly need to pre-book for the period you are looking at. We ue it a lot as an overnight from here in Cornwall on our way to the Midlands, and very often if oging up to London. Incidentlaly the site mentioned earlier at CArnon Downs down here is excellent - have had quite a few firends come down to visit us who have stayed there with their motorhomes and we've had a good look round the site. Also a good 'eatery' opposite the site - used to be a Brewers Fayre (Brewsters) but no changed to more adult type of restaurant, and simply called Carnon Inn, and our expereince there so far has been good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived