Corsica

Debs753979

Can anyone give me any info/advice on Corsica.

We are going in the middle of September and are planning on touring the island. We have a 28ft motorhome.

Is it very expensive

Is it a good time to go

Recommend any campsite

recommend any sites to see/places to go

Is free-camping ok or is it frowned upon

Any info would be gratefully received.

:-D

Informative site here:  http://www.corsica-isula.com/ with information on ferries and routes.

Corsica is French, so I'd anticipate prices about the same as those in France, with local produce maybe a bit cheaper and imported stuff, especially fuel, higher.  There are campsites, mainly coastal, so probably pricier.  The Michelin "Camping France" includes a selection, as does the Caravan Club "Caravan Europe 1" guide.  Weather-wise mid Sept should still be quite hot but, hey, weather is weather!  About the same latitude as the Costa Brava but, as it's an island, probably breezier.  I'd check with the French Government Tourist Office for roads and any special restrictions.  28' might just get a bit tight here and there, though I'd expect width to be a greater problem.

Let us know what you find out!

• 2 weeks later...

We have camped in Corsica with a tent 3 times many years ago. From what I remember a lot of the roads were rather twisty, especially inland. We went to Corte, which was lovely, in the centre, which meant quite a few twisty roads. Also Bastia, Bonifacio, Ajaccio, all lovely places.

Perhaps (some of) the roads have been upgraded since then, but I would echo that width could be a problem, rather than length on some of the roads.

Ina.

Archived