Corsica

crob

We are going to Corsica in our 25’ campervan and have to be at Livorno port by 7.00 a.m. at the latest. Does anyone know of any safe overnight parking facility at or near to Livorno? There doesn’t appear to be any overnight parking on the port itself, as far as I can see. The nearest I can find in our Caravan Club book is the Camper Parking at Pisa – it warns of a maximum height under a railway bridge of 3.3m – our van is 3.25m!

In regard to Corsica itself, has anyone been in mid-May? If so, what’s the weather like, and is advance booking on campsites advisable or not necessary? Some of the roads look quite narrow and twisting – are there some “no go” roads for a campervan? Has anyone got any advice re good/bad campsites/overnight parking? There don’t seem to be any Aire de Services on the island, other than those within campsites where a full fee is payable – is this correct?

Any advice and experiences of Corsica would be very welcome. I can “swap” our experiences in Sicily or Greece with anyone interested. Thank you.

(?)

Archived