Dordogne sites

LordThornber

Apologies if this is a vague one but here goes. We regularly visit the Municipal site at St Julien Du Lampon, which sits right by the River Dordogne. If you know the place, does anyone have any knowledge of any locations remotely similiar, i.e the small village and walking distance site, within say 50 miles of St Julien or Souillac?

Many thanks, Martyn

Guest caraprof

I'm not sure of the distances but I'll tell you about my favourite Dordogne site anyway!

It's at Castelnaud-la-Chapelle which is between Domme and Beynac and is in the heart of the finest bit of the Dordogne I reckon.

It's not actually on the river but is on a tributary that flows into the Dordogne in a few hundred yards. This little river is a delight and the owners have, over the years, made a superb swimming hole, deep enough to dive into.

The site is in a superb location with views of limestone cliffs. It's flat and has a lovely pool and a bar, but it's still basically a family run site within walking distance of the bridge and beach at Castelnaud.

I've been using it on and off for thirty years and have always enjoyed my stay. Unless you're going in August or late July there should be no need to book.

This is its website, which has an English page if you click on the appropriate national flag.

http://www.campingmaisonneuve.com/

Hi there is a municipal site at St Cyprian, this is right on the banks of the dordogne, in fact you can swim in the pool overlooking the river, plus about 15 mins walk into small town.

there is also a nice site at Baynac et cazenac this is one of our favorite sites in the erea, its next to river and village, plus shops, I hope this helps.

Regards

Hi Martyn,

My brain " I just remembered another site we have been to a few times.

Bergerac municipal site, right on the edge of the river, almost opposite the lovely old town, nice markets etc, site basic but clean. We sat there and watched a kite pick up a fish,only to have crows chase it and made it drop it.

Regards :$

Archived