You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Sites and places to stay -> Sites Speak
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
French Aires
AuthorMessage
userRichard J
Posted: 24 February 2017 10:53 PM
Subject: French Aires

Liking what I've found

Hi All,

We are planning to take our Swift Lifestyle Motorhome to Spain via Eurotunnel this July. I plan to do about 300 miles into France the first evening,so we should be around the area of Chaumont on the A5 by about 02:00 - 03:00 in the morning. Can anybody help me with the etiquette when wanting to arrive on an Aire in the early hours of the morning.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Richard
userJann123
Posted: 3 March 2017 2:31 PM
Subject: RE: French Aires

Just joined

I wouldn't reccomend it unless you know that it is a large aire where you can park up away from other users.
When parking on Aires near to the ports you expect all night arrivals.,but it is not a good idea in other places
userMachloop
Posted: 29 March 2017 3:26 PM

Can anybody help me with the etiquette when wanting to arrive on an Aire in the early hours of the morning.  

If it is a popular aire in town you will be lucky to get a space. Most vans are parked up very early evening.

Edited by Machloop 2017-03-29 3:28 PM
userBrianBW
Posted: 22 August 2018 12:04 PM

Keeps coming back for more

Don't know where you live in the UK, we come from Swansea, after that we always stop one junction down on the A16 from Calais, and that was enough for us.
As they say 'Tiredness Kills'
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator