Germany, Baltic coast

griffo5

We're thinking about a motorhome trip up into Northern Germany, in particular the Baltic coast which sounds interesting. It also appears that they have plenty of sunshine up there too. Can anybody advise on sights, sites or routes please ?

griffo5 - 2013-05-18 2:43 PM

We're thinking about a motorhome trip up into Northern Germany, in particular the Baltic coast which sounds interesting. It also appears that they have plenty of sunshine up there too. Can anybody advise on sights, sites or routes please ?

Hi griffo.

I'd suggest that you put this query into " Motorhome Matters " as not a lot of forum members seem to visit this section.

Many years ago we visited Kiel, on the Baltic, where there was a very interesting naval museum. Even had a U-boat on the beach which was open to visitors.

As I say, it was a long time ago but may well still be there.

Have a good trip

• 2 weeks later...
We travelled up there a couple of years ago, and I think the area is certainly worth exploring. We enjoyed the seaside resort of Boltenhagen (souvenir of a little bottle of Baltic amber chips) and the Passat, a tall ship moored at Travemunde near Lubeck. The old border between East and West Germany passes through this area, and some watchtowers and other artefacts remain. Can't help regarding motorhoming I'm afraid, as on this occasion we were visiting friends.

Archived