Germany

drummert

I am also doing a tour of the Black Forest/bavaria this coming summer. I found a good website at www.campercontact.nl which although covers the whole of Europe, gives both Stellplatz and Campsites in germany (In English) along with GPS Co-ordinates and links to Google maps. I have used this site to get to the websites of campsites that I wanted to stay at but needed more information, particularly as I needed to know whether they could accommodate an 8.7 metre long motorhome. I sent Emails just before Christmas to 5 sites and have already had 3 replies from the owners, very helpful and some of them didn't even want a deposit just completion of a booking form.

I also have purchased the 'Bord Atlas' from Vicarious Books and this is very useful, although in German it does explain what the symbols mean in English so a little bit of patience and it can be very rewarding.

As an aside, At the beginning of last year I invested in a new Sat Nav, the Snooper Ventura S7000 and this has pre-loaded all ACSI campsites Europe, Bord Atlas locations, CC Sites and C&CC sites as well as having lots of other useful features such as inputting your vehicles Height, Length, Width and Axle Weight. I have checked the GPS co-ordinates for the sites that I have selected in Germany (including a Stellplatz at Koblenz) and it is spot on against the details provided by both the 'campercontact' information and the sites website and now saved in to my Sat Nav 'favourites' folder ready to go.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Archived