Good sites at Le Touquet please

dogmad

Hi there

We're hoping to go to Le Touquet for Easter, haven't been there before so could anyone recommend a nice site within walking distance to the town? We don't have children to cater for but do have 2 dogs. We don't mind if the site has nothing except hygeine facilities.

Carol and Paul

Hi I have just got back from Le Touquet and we stayed on a Aire follow the link below.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Whilst not overly pretty it was functional having hookup, waste and chemical disposal and fresh water.

We paid 6 euro a day and 2 euro for fresh water fill ups, you could fill from the tap by the chemical disposal point for free if you wish. Personally I didn't fancy that so paid the 2 euro.

Easy 10 to 15 min walk to town, so I was told by other brits there. I am disabled so took the van.

If you want a full blown park the only one I saw was on the way out of Le Touquet at Etaples, shut at this time of year.

Hope you find wat you are lookinf for.

Pete

Hello Dogmad . Pete ,

See your back safely then good happy new year nice to meet you in the flesh ...? ;-)

Pete that is about the best one there are 4 in Le Touquet

1 a campsite called stoneham all singing dancing but costs 15 minute walk into town

2 The Airport which has nothing but the police do drive around quite frequently to check you are ok no charge

3 The yatching centre nothing just waste & water 5 euro's

4 The Equestrian centre where I met you which has electricity and is the closest walk in to the town 6 euro's

Then Etaples as you say or the Aire just up on the motorway first stop.

Next door Montreux Montreal cant spell it ... Hope this help's good luck .

bye pete see you around.... Michele

Still There as of Xmas . Still sending the little man around to collect the money.

Also I wonder why you were told that the site is as you say the Equestrian Centre . Good job I'm into horses a . Lucky me.

It's owned by them and they need the horse boxes plugged in and the genny lights for when the dressage & jumping is on.

We were only told that we would not be allowed to use it when teh big shows were on . They have even set up a brand spanking new ?

Sorry dont know what you call them big machine put 2 euro's in and get electric water flush your toilet . So hopefully it will stay .

;-)

Guest starspirit

No dear I didn't die it's the aftershave I use that came from the local market - cattle market that is.

Kills 99.9% of all known germs and a few unknown ones too.

Archived