Great site for fishermen

josie gibblebucket

Just back from Henlow Bridge Lakes and Rivers, Beds. www.henlowbridgelakes.co.uk

this is a lovely, clean, very well run site with a nice new facilities block. The owners make you feel very welcome and the pitches are well serviced with water and electricity on the same pole. There is fishing available for those anglers amongst you and a nice circular walk around the site and waterways. There is a shop/post office within about 15 min walk, it seemed to be well stocked with pretty much all you could need food wise and a nice sandwich shop in the village as well. I'd say its well worth a visit if you are going that way. Unable to review this on the new section of campsite finder as site not on the list? :-S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

berwickshire (south east scotland in the borders incase your wondering) has some great sites that are all within easy reach of rivers & lochs for ideal fishing holidays, i stayed at templehall caravan club site, there is space for about 10 with hook up points , water & waste points are at the bottom end but easily reachable this is a rural site with excellent views overlooking coldingham priory looking out to the north sea there are larger sites within a couple of miles from templehall with all ammenities if you want busier sites. just thought id mention templehall as it was clean, quiet & very friendly from welcome to departure

jamie

just a correction to my post, temple hall is a cl with only 5 spaces not 10 as i said, i must have been thinking of something else when i said 10 (^) its in a quiet location so anyone looking for a peacefull site in the scottish borders within easy reach of edinburgh, newcastle etc. this is ideall

• 4 months later...

my post about templehall would cover sea fishing as well as river/ lochs etc. as its on the east coast , some great haddock fishing from rocks & the harbour at eyemouth just 2 miles away, basicly the north sea is on your door (caravan) step

:-D

Archived