Holiday to Scotland

eddieandsue

Hi everyone

We are new to Motorhoming and have had four visits to local sites (ie within 70 miles of Leicestershire)

we are now looking to venture up to Scotland and do the Whisky Trail. Can anybody suggest

a) How far to go each day

b) Any recommendations on the Camp Sites available

Many thanks for any help

Eddie and Sue

hi there,

Last August September and October we toured all arond the Scottish Coast, up the West including a week on Skye, across the top and around the East. Our stays varied from two days to two weeks or more depending on how we liked the area. In the main we used the Caravan and Camping sites, your assured of good sites.we tended to only travel shortish distances max 80 -100miles depending on where we wanted to go on the day. Have fun and enjoy too much Whiskey you wont be going too far Ha Ha.

eddieandsue - 2011-05-02 6:59 PM

Hi everyone

We are new to Motorhoming and have had four visits to local sites (ie within 70 miles of Leicestershire)

we are now looking to venture up to Scotland and do the Whisky Trail. Can anybody suggest

a) How far to go each day

b) Any recommendations on the Camp Sites available

Many thanks for any help

Eddie and Sue

Can I suggest you post on main motorhome forum, noone looks on here much.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
pelmetman - 2012-03-17 5:19 PM

I note this thread started last May....................has it stopped raining in Scotland yet? :D

i know this post has been dormant for quite a while but thought you would like to know the answer is no, its still raining :-(

• 1 month later...

its stopped raining now and its nice and crisp with frost this morning, As I stay in the heart of the Whisky Trail, it all depends on what you want to do, Most distilleries are within a few miles of each other and there is a local bus in the summer that goes round them all so I would park up at Aberlour which has "The Aberlour Distillery" in the town, Rothes 12 miles away has 3, Dufftown 10 miles away has 2, Craigellachie 3 miles away has 1 and there are probably another 10 within a 20 mile radius if not more

just don't drink and drive as you will usually get a sample per visit but they are usually 45 - 50% proof so watch out and enjoy the trip

Archived