Ireland campsites

bigcol001

Guest starspirit

Look on the visit Ireland website and you will find a link to campsites.

If you email them and ask them nicely they will send you a free book of sites in Ireland.

They tend to be expensive, widely spaced and not open until late May / early June and 'off site' camping spots can be hard to find.

Other than that its a good place to be but NEVER drive through a puddle unless you can see the bottom for fear of running over scuba diving leprachauns.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello,

We are coming to Southern Ireland for the first time next month. Do you have certificated sites over there? We dont`t require Toilet blocks, electric hook ups e.t.c. We are self sufficent in our motor home.

Any information you can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bigcol001, if you are coming north to the Giants causeway stay at Ballyness campsite. Its literally within walking diatance of the Bushmills Distillery on the outskirts of Bushmills. Its a five star site and the best in N.Ireland in my opinion. It is popular so may be an idea to ring in advance.

Another good site is the C&CC club site at Delamont Country Park which is situated cloce to Downpatrick, close to the Mourne mountains, also within 30 minutes of Belfast.

If you prefer Aires there isnt many in N.Ireland. There is one in Broughshane Co.Antrim near Ballymena. It is popular all year round with m/homes and is situated in a car park on the edge of the award winning village. It is a modern coin operated facility.

If you like motorbikes why not come to the north coast for the Nothwest 200 international motorcycle races. Excellent week of festivities around 12-17May.

Hope this helps for starters

Paul

Hi Colin you are very welcome,

Paul has given you some great not to be missed info' on N Ireland.

Down in the South wild camping is O.K. in many areas.Well lit small towns is O.K. Not so close to large Citys. Some pubs allow parking overnight.

If you send me your route I may be able to help out. It is a small country but getting around is slow. Allow lots of time. Bring rain jackets, then it may not rain. If you do come on one of those little green men be careful what you wish for.

Have a lovely Hol'

Regards,

Brendan

Archived