Isle of mull

cliveandjen

Hi , There is a very basic site in the far south of Mull at Fidden which is right on the beach when last there it cost two pounds about three pounds per night. When there go across to Iona no vehicles allowed but can walk and see most of it. The road to site is single track but took my twenty foot van with no trouble. Torosay castle &gardens worth a visit also Duart castle. Unless you are going to Skye not much at Mallaig. When in Scotland it is legal to camp overnight discreetly wild.

Weare going thi s coming Friday for three weeks hoping to take in the Orkney Isles. Hope weather gets better we've had snow in June before now so just accept whats thrown at you.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll second the site at Fidden, basic but great views and catches the breeze so few midges, if you are going over via Oban, there is a nice site south of Oban, I think at Arduaine, or to north at Benderloch which is not to bad. Not done the Lochanline ferry we left via Tobermory/Kilchoan, but at the A884/A861 junction if you turn towards Ranachan there is a site overlooking Loch Sunart after a few miles, not exactly my 'cup of tea' but I know several people who realy like it.

Archived