La Reserve

sooty10

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there the year before last (mainly because it's near the lakes and sea and my friends all have boats) and it's a pretty good site. Has a beach, takeaway, restaurant (quite good but expensive) and a decent pool. We stayed in statics, so I can't comment on the touring pitches, though. Also has a reasonable bar (does have live music etc, but doesn't make too much noise).

Good for kids, too, and secure thanks to gated entry system.

The best bit was walking to the shop and getting fresh croissants and baguettes... mmm.

I'd stay there again.

Peter R

Guest JudgeMental

have been looking in this are for a touring holiday next year and so far I like the look of "Yelloh! Village les Grands Pins" seems to have good reviews in general

We were recommended to try Les Grand Pins by a couple we met on our skiing trip. We weren't able to get in on spec - probably because it was coming up to a holiday weekend. It is certainly quite near the sea and easy walk of the town of Lacanau Ocean. It's a very busy resort, lots of restaurants, take aways etc also cycle paths except centre of the town.

We went to the aire 2.5k inland. I know its probably not for you Judge, with teenagers in tow, but we stayed six nights. 10 euros a night, if you arrive early enough you can probably get electricity - we did 4 out of 6 nights. The bornes are free and the electricity/water bornes are numerous. There is also shade, usually a breeze. Also the lake is only 2.5k away if the sea is too rough. Can't say people are chatty, some can't even look up to smile and say bon jour!

I know I've digressed, but I was a bit iffy about staying on big aires and was in the end quite happy there, also at Hourtin Port Aire, just up the coast.

A camp site I would recommend is at Vendays Montalivet - Les Peupliers. It's in the CC book - we have the 2007 copy and were very pleased to see a brand new 15metre pool. They do light meals, it's 2 minutes to the village for restaurants and shops. It's 5 miles from the sea and we went in for 2 nights and stayed 6 at under 20 euros a night for two of us.

Archived