Night stop in Reading

pugwash80

Can anyone help? I'm looking for a 24 hour camping/parking fo my duetto as near to Royal Berkshire Hospital as possible for Sunday 13th June. The nearest site I've found is about 5 miles away.

Thannks in anticipation.

Simon

Hi Simon

If you do a google search on Caravan Sites in Reading, there does not appear to be any! However there is a large dealer called Reading Caravans listed, so may be if you were to give them a call, they may have some information?

I do kinow of the site at California, which is near WOkingham, and not far from Reading itself. have stayed there a few times over the years. It's a bit expensive and basic facilities, but sufficed for my needs, which was basically an overnight when taking my previous Rapido back to Rapido Wokingham for service etc.

I recall reading on a forum last year of someone whose spouse was having cancer treatment over a week at a hospital quite a distance from home. They contacted the hospital and obtained permission to park up (and stay in) their motorhome in the hospital grounds over that period rather than have to travel each day.

If your circumstances come into a similar category you may be able to make a similar arrangement.

Graham

Archived