Northern Italy

Cookster

Hi

Planning a trip to nothern Italy would like a few days at one of the lakes & also visit Venice.

This will be our first trip so would like some advice, seems like there's lots of sites to chose from ranging from 25-40 euro in peak season, on a bit of a budget so 25ish would be better.

Has anyone got any suggestions on good sites & locations at a reasonable price?

Cookster

I have recently posted 5 site reviews on northern Italian campsites in this very section which may be of use to you. What time of year are you going? Italian sites are usuall quite expensive and in the high season over €30 a night is quite common. Out of season you can make substantual savings by using Camping Cheques or the ACSI Card.

David

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late with this reply but I was in Italy in June and stayed for almost a week in Dongo on the North Western shore of Lake Como. The site was called Magic Lake and was a beautiful small family run site in a stunning location on the lake. It has a lovely Bar with free Wi Fi - no restaurant though. I think it is well worth a visit. Check out the web site and also the Web Cam.

http://www.magiclake.it/en/campeggio_en.html :->

Archived