You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Sites and places to stay -> Sites Speak
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Northern Italy
AuthorMessage
userCookster
Posted: 22 July 2009 10:48 PM
Subject: Northern Italy

Just joined

Hi

Planning a trip to nothern Italy would like a few days at one of the lakes & also visit Venice.

This will be our first trip so would like some advice, seems like there's lots of sites to chose from ranging from 25-40 euro in peak season, on a bit of a budget so 25ish would be better.

Has anyone got any suggestions on good sites & locations at a reasonable price?

Cookster

userKlyne
Posted: 22 July 2009 11:12 PM
Subject: RE: Northern Italy

Lives on the forums

I have recently posted 5 site reviews on northern Italian campsites in this very section which may be of use to you. What time of year are you going? Italian sites are usuall quite expensive and in the high season over €30 a night is quite common. Out of season you can make substantual savings by using Camping Cheques or the ACSI Card.

David
userCookster
Posted: 23 July 2009 8:01 AM

Just joined

Unfotunately cus the missus works in a school we will be going on Aug 3rd till the 28th which is the busiest time.

It's a bugger but we have no choice at least it will be hot!

Cookster
userBailey
Posted: 8 August 2009 8:03 PM

Liking what I've found

I know I'm a bit late with this reply but I was in Italy in June and stayed for almost a week in Dongo on the North Western shore of Lake Como. The site was called Magic Lake and was a beautiful small family run site in a stunning location on the lake. It has a lovely Bar with free Wi Fi - no restaurant though. I think it is well worth a visit. Check out the web site and also the Web Cam.
http://www.magiclake.it/en/campeggio_en.html
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator