Pembroke and Fishguard

Aileen

I will be travelling from Ireland in July to either Pembroke of Fishguard - haven't decided on the ferry yet. We will be arriving after 1am and would like to stay overnight in either of these towns to be able to start off on our holidays fresh in the morning. Is there a campsite in either town that would take late arrivals or is there a parking in the ferryports that would be safe.

Thanks

Aileen

Guest Tracker

I live in Pembroke and many lorries park along the approach roads to the ferry but it can be a bit noisy with comings and goings and refrigerated wagons.

There are no sites within a few miles of the ferry terminal and unless you pre arranged I doubt any of them further afield would be very keen on you arriving at 2.00 am!

If you have a map of Pembroke Dock you can park overnight at Hobbs Point (about a mile from the ferry) or I can print directions for you?

Alternatively you could drive out of the ferry terminal and at the mini roundabout (still within the dockyard walls) go straight on and under the narrow (but wide enough) arch, then straight across the crossroads, then turn right at the T junction. Follow the road up hill and round to the left where the hill gets quite steep and at the top on the left is a small car park beside the golf course that would be another possibility for you.

Alternatively you could go under the arch and turn right at the cross roads and at the end of this road (Fort Road) is a car park with height barriers. Just before the height barriers is a turn to the right and part way along is a small lay by on the left hand side.

All the above are popular for the odd overnight stop and I am unaware of any problems with any of them other than the occasional boy racer in the Fort Road car park - but these have usually all gone home to their mummy by 2.00 am!

Remember to fill up in Eire as diesel is more costly here!

Guest Tracker

For Hobbs Point simply follow the A477 signs to Carmarthen out of the dockyard and when you get to Asda there is a roundabout at which you turn left on the first exit (the main road being the second exit). Past Lidl and Wilkinson's and Hobbs Point is the end of the road - less than half a mile from the roundabout.

Some folks park up in Asda's car park overnight but I don't know if you should or not.

There is also a small parking area by a play area on the left hand side as you enter Asda's filling station turning (Asda being on the right hand side) that is quite popular with ferry goers

Archived