Pubovers

Guest starspirit

Is there a motorhoming planning officer on the forum who could first of all explain the laws concerning small sites and overnight sleeping and parking. Unfortunately many good ideas fall at the first hurdle, victims of the complicated planning laws of the UK and an understanding from the outset would be very useful.

mel, if you were a car and tesco's open's as we know 24 hours . A car can sit with occupants in it over night . So i don't see why as long as you shop there that you cannot stay overnight in a camper ....Loads of kid's where we live use it as a race death trap ..no one challenges them. They meet up chat the lot . Still probably would have some sort of problem with campers everyone else seems to in England ..

Hi I believe that you can PARK overnight but not CAMP overnight without planning permission in pubs, tesco's ect. Parking is simply stopping and thats it. Camping is when you unroll the awning, get the chairs out ect. Wait to be shot down :-D Olley

Guest starspirit
[QUOTE]michele - 2006-08-01 5:03 PM No because you don't smoke have ratty kids 4 dogs not very sociable your words ....But I will go with the others and the Goat......... My kids whoever they are are all growed up and gone away - well gone away anyway unless they wants some cash that is. 'Twas ever thus. The dog might seem like like four sometimes when it's wet and we are away in the van but inreality she is only one

Yes it wold be a nice idea though. In General that's why we don't stay in England head straight abroad. Try to drive at night when the kid's are asleep when it get's to much for the eye's there is alway's an aire somewhere you never have to go for long...When we were new to it we alway's went to camp sites. Now would never go back to camping caravan /trailer tent .... IT's a different way of life that we love............And we have ended up in some real funny places ,the police don't seem to mind 10 a penny in France these campers.........not such a big deal

• 2 weeks later...
Hi we have stayed on 3 pub CL's this year: Sibton White Horse, hardstandings electric. Restaurant Vulcan Arms at Leiston, rough grass electric. Restaurant Black Swan Harleston. large field but soft we stayed in his car park. Fantastic menu for meat eaters, Bison, kudu, impala, kangaroo and crocodile. Olley

• 4 months later...
Hi, Getting back onto the topic of Pubovers the UKcampsite web site has a great list which you can see on the link below http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=117 its also worth checking their site finder as you can now search for those sites that are open all year hope this helps

Unfortunately we're home at the moment having had to cut short a 4 day new year trip in Wareham Forest, Dorset. We went to the nearest pub last night (not walking distance) for an evening meal and when we came out 1.5 hours later our van wouldn't start. Green Flag couldn't help and were unable to tow us out due to the parked cars opposite us. I went in to explain to the landlord and he was really nice about it so we thought we might as well go back in for a drink! Anyway, the point of this story is that we felt safe there and realised we were really lucky we hadn't got stuck earlier in the day at Poole Greyhound Stadium where we'd parked for a stroll into the town. Wishing everyone a happy motorhoming new year, Carol and Paul

Archived