Rose & Crown, Ridgemount

Geof  Angi

Hi all

Angi and I had a couple of days away at the above starting on Boxing day.

We arrived at the pub around one (2 mins from Woburn Safari Park) and were made very welcome by Dave and Shirley the landlord and his wife, they themselves had only been there 14 weeks. After a couples of beers and a chat in a very warm and busy bar Dave took us to our "pitch", because of the wet weather he put us in a corner at the back of the car park so as we would not get stuck in the mud, he then brought an electiic lead to us so as ours was not trailing in the mud. We stayed for 2 nights @ £9 per night inc Electric. A by pass has newly been opened so there was very little passing traffic through the village and a local shop next door to the pub, a garage about half a mile away and the church between the two. The Safari Park was two mins drive and if you need gas there is a garden centre about 10 mins drive, there is also a bed and breakfast 50 yards from the pub if needed for any reason. The pub it self was busy but not over busy with a quiz night on a Thursday (even I managed to get 7 answers right). The food is freshly cooked but is pub food not al'carte (or however it is spelt) the steak that Angi and I chose on the Thursday night (cold cuts and mash with pickle in the van on Boxing day) was very tender, reasonly priced and fair sized portions of extra's like chips or salad.

Access to the pub is to exit Jnc 13 on the M1, head east for 50 yards turn right and is less than 5 mins drive, 2-3 mile approx towards Flitwick turning right off of the new bypass at the sign for the village, pub again on right in

about a mile. Ideal place for a journey overnight break or to visit Woburn itself.

If any one is intrested will be happy to supply more information.

Geof

Archived