Route to Spain + campsites on the way

AlanR

I am planning to drive my Hymer to Spain for the forth-coming winter, setting off mid November and would appreciate some route suggestions from Calais to Spain's east coast around Valencia / Alicante, not using the toll roads. Can anyone suggest camp-sites on the way and a campsite to spend Christmas & the New Year on Spain's south coast??

Hi Alan

If you are heading for Alicanti you can do no better than stay at Camping La Marina, La Marina, just south of Alicanti. A first class, well managed site, with huge beach and pine woods within walking distance. The CCC can book you in if you can, or want to, stipulate set dates.

If you enter 'Spain' in the search facility you will find loads of suggestions and 'Spanish Trips' will give you my own favoured route down as far as Madrid.

AlanR - 2007-10-14 9:45 AM

Many thanks for your routing suggestions, In your experience do you think this route will be snow free in January for our return trip ??

Haven't had any problems as yet. The main A23 which runs from Zaragoza to Sagunto is nearly motorway the whole way, and if there was snow it would be ploughed straight away.

If you have internet access you can check the state of the roads here http://www.dgt.es/trafico/estado_circulacion/estadoCarreteras.htm in Spanish.

Archived