Seaside sites

oorgiz

Can anyone recommend any seaside sites in the North / East England, CC or CCC sites preferred but I'm open to any good sites, Ive a week to waste after the York show and I would appreciate any recommendations, its so hard to just pick a site you think would suit only to pitch up and find it doesn't.

Thanks in advance.

oorgiz. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, we stayed on teh CC site known as Scarborough on the way to York last year. great location, and short drive to P&R (free) at Scarboruohg, which is only 10 mins walk into town. or you can catch a bus from the main road near the site. Can get busy though, so may mbe worth checking out in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all above, I went to the Scarborough CCCsite last easter, liked the site but the 1 hour wait in que to get in was a drag, wish the site was nearer the water though. I'll google for the book.

thanks again.

oorgiz

• 3 months later...

The Scarborough CCC site has certainly come on since the town council sold it on. They had already closed one site on the cliff top overlooking the north bay, turning it into an overspill car park. More like wasteland *-)

I pass the Scalby Manor site regularly, and it's obviously popular, so must be doing something right, unlike Scarborough Council!! :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived