Siteing Van for a season

jockym

Can anyone help in advising where I could put my van on a site for a season so my family can drive down in their own car and spend the odd week or so. Hopfully they would only have to pay for the time the van was actually on site,the rest of the time it would be in store on site and paid for by me and brought onto site when requested.

The family have asked that the van should be some where near the seaside preferably Weston Super Mare.

Cheers Jocky

Elddis Typhoon 4 berth

Tow-car Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5

Not sure that that facility as you suggest, John (Storage then only on site when you want it) is actually available.

I may be wrong but if you want a seasonal pitch I think you have to have the 'van their all year. Tho some make you take it away a couple of months a year whilst others (like the site we use) allow you to store it there in Jan & Feb but you cannot use it.

This rule is to do with holiday homes which is what a permanent sited caravan becomes. A holiday home cannot be available for the whole year.

We pays an annual fee which to us is good value and it allows us the use the caravan whenever we want and when we go touring we just travel down and go from there.

I would certainly recommend it!

Hi John, I agree entirelly with Clive,s comments, We owned a Holiday Caravan on a Park at Weymouth, some years ago,That could not be used for 2 months of the year, and 2/3 miles on the Bridport Rd.there is a lovely Farm site overlooking The Fleet, Chesil Beach, We went there many times with the tourer. which enabled us to check on the Holiday caravan which was let out, The farmer at the Fleet touring site allowed Tourers to stay

for 10 months use and they were left on the pitch of your choice, I do not know If they still operate in this way now and probably too far away for you. As Clive said he would highly recommend using your tourer in this way As did many other Caravanners we spoke to, Wish you luck. Ria.

What you are asking for IS availible, done similier myself in past, friend does it now on site near Bridport, you will proboly have to negotiate a deal, if you don't get a suitable site recomended, then maybe a touring holiday of area till you find one you like then chat to owner.

Many thanks for your replies guys and dolls, I'm aware of the 10 month criteria concerning holiday homes,we lived in a Park Home for a few years so know the rules. I do know there are some touring sites that do allow you to store the van there and use it on site but not many seem to advertise - one in particular is near Ilfrcombe but its a bit far away and wouldn't be practical for long weekends. We live near Cirencester and have spent some time down WSM way with the grandkids who really enjoyed all the facilities immensely. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Archived