Sites in Luxembourg / Germany

warmstr3

warmstr3 - 2008-07-01 11:00 AM

Hi All,

I'm going to Switzerland via Luxembourg / Germany (3 nights to get to Switzerland) on Saturday 05-July, can anyone suggest any overnight stops, travelling around 180 to 220 miles a day.

Regards,

Bill.

Catillon sur Sambre on the N43 in France around two thirds of way to Luxembourg. An aire that was recommended to me and I stayed in May this year for a night, nice situation next to canal and totally free including hook up. As you approach there is another aire signposted in village but best is small one at canel, right next to road some some traffic noise. Their was a report of some trouble their once this year but we stayed with no problems. Not sure which way you are going but a lovely stellplatz on the Mosel at Trittenheim right next to river 5 euro a night, 7 with hookup lady collects money in evening we stayed here three nights. Do not miss Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, you can also stay here for 24 hours, cannot remember price.

Get yourselves a copy of the Caravan Club's Caravan Europe 2 sites guide.  £15.99 to non-members, £8 to members.  Can be bought on line or by phone direct from the club.  Covers all the countries you're visiting (and more!) and gives a good insight into the quality of the sites.  Plenty of choice too.  All entries are from users/members, not from touring inspectors.  I rate this the best sites guide currently available, and it contains valuable additional information on passes, roads, driving restrictions, speed limits etc for each country.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived