Sites near Montreuil, France

Knaus

Do you mean on the river la canche ? or a different Montreuil?

If you mean he river canche one then no Aire that I am aware of.

There is always slight confusion on here on what is really an Aire .

Just befor eyou hit Montreuil still on the Motorway there is a Aire just as you come off to pay immediately before you leave for Montreuil . You will know it easily it has them giant windmills there . Other than that I would suspect you could park utside the rampart walls and I have seen campers in the square oposite the church .

other than that we have driven back toward s Etaples and on the beach fron campers park there . There is bays clearly marked you could if you want use the Aire at Le Touquet and drive back 10 minutes to Montreuil threw Cu Cuqk sorry cant spell it

Not much help am I really .

8-)

a Fonteine Des Clercs See Map Submit your Review! Send enquiry to this site

Ville Basse

Par Rn 1

Montreuil Sur Mer

Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais (Browse area)

62170 MONTREUIL See Map

Tel: 03 21 06 07 28

Pitches: 76

Open: Open All Year

* Send Email to this Site Submit Review Other Sites in Area Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Check Digital TV coverage

Please mention the UKCampsite.co.uk when you book or enquire!

Facilities Click for key to Icons

[Open All Year] [Electric Hookups] [Dogs Permitted] [showers] [Toilet Block] [Washing Up] [Laundry] [Fishing on Site]

Facilities Nearby

[shop Nearby] 1m [bar Nearby] 1m [Restaurant Nearby] 1m [Watersports Nearby] 1m

Units Accepted

[Tent Pitches] [Caravan Pitches] [Motor Home Pitches] [No Statics for Hire] [No Statics on Sale] La Fonteine Des Clercs

Reviewer: Geordie01 (12) Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit: Motorhome

The site is at the end of a lane at the bottom of the medieval ramparts around the town.It is quite a pleasant spot next to the river and the owner speaks good English. There is a small shop in reception and a baker calls most mornings with fresh bread etc.The showers and loos are quite dated but were clean.The town itself is quite nice but it is a 20 min uphill walk to get to there are plenty restaurants and bars and shops and a small shop supermarket in the town square.

The cost for two nights with hook up was 45euro for 2 adults and a 13yr child so its not cheap

Reviewer: Timelord (2) Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit: Tent

This is a former municipal site in a nice setting against the walls of the citadel of Montreuil, which is a stunning town.

Unfortunately, the site has gone downhill over the past 6 years. When you enter the site, it looks nice with pots of flowers to greet visitors. At 19 Euro for a pitch, car, tent, 2 people with electricity, it is grossly over priced. The sanitary facilities badly need to be updated and cleaned more often. The ground is quite bumpy, but with plenty grass. The Boules court is overgrown with weeds and there are little or no facilities to keep children happy. I doubt if we will return to this site in future, which is a pity as it is a beautiful ville and holds many good memories for us.

I dont know if this helps maybe not

As Knaus has not replied I am not sure whether this is the correct Montreuil but the reviewers in MMM suggest some differences to the descriptions above. They say that they visit the site regularly, winter and summer, and that it is a "very peaceful, clean (facilities) and welcoming site"......"pitches are large and mostly hardstanding" ... "only French spoken but most helpful" and "only a few minutes walk into the town". Obviously one man's meat is another man's poison!! They also give the 2009 prices which are lower and which correspond to those advertised on the website: www.campinglafontainedesclercs.fr.

There are quite a few pictures on the website which look nice so I will still give it a go!

Patricia - 2010-02-05 10:08 AM

As Knaus has not replied I am not sure whether this is the correct Montreuil but the reviewers in MMM suggest some differences to the descriptions above. They say that they visit the site regularly, winter and summer, and that it is a "very peaceful, clean (facilities) and welcoming site"......"pitches are large and mostly hardstanding" ... "only French spoken but most helpful" and "only a few minutes walk into the town". Obviously one man's meat is another man's poison!! They also give the 2009 prices which are lower and which correspond to those advertised on the website: www.campinglafontainedesclercs.fr.

There are quite a few pictures on the website which look nice so I will still give it a go!

Patricia

Thanks for that link. Useful to know of open all year sites in France.

David

Hi

Thanks for all the info, although very contradictory.

Yes it is Montreuil Sur Mer. I was looking for a site for 1 - 2 nights only somewhere about an hour from Boulogne but not on the coast. Are you sure that the one mentioned in the Feb MMM is at Montreuil Sur Mer?

Thanks again

Knaus - 2010-02-05 3:55 PM

Hi

Are you sure that the one mentioned in the Feb MMM is at Montreuil Sur Mer?

Thanks again

YES - been there, stayed at it 3 years ago.

Have you read the article?

You need to remember that Montreuil-sur-Mer is no longer on the coast. (The town hasn't moved but the coastline has!)

Knaus - 2010-02-09 1:36 PM

Hi Mel

Thanks for info. Now what I would like to know is which description of the site is correct, the one above or the one in the MMM?

Thanks

The MMM report would have been based on a visit probably made last year.

You may wish to ask the writer of the earlier thread posted above when that review was written.

We have the Caravan Club book 'Camping Europe1' published in 2007 and the club member's comment based on a 2006 visit was favourable although it does state that the sanitary facilities are 'dated'. (I cannot remember although they must have been OK not to have made a lasting impression. At that time we didn't have a loo onboard so would have used the site facilities.)

Maybe you'll have to stop and have a look, make up your own mind and decide if you want to stay.

Archived