Stourhead CL

Way2Go

Has anyone ever tried out the C.C. CL at Stourhead, Wiltshire?

On my visits to Stourhead I thought it was adjacent to the wooden building / entrance at the top of the hill but the notes seem to say it's in the car park next to the Spread Eagle pub down the hill.  I don't mind spending an overnight on Calais docks but I'm not struck spending a weekend in a car park.  The location looks very dark and dismal.

I was hoping someone may have used it and could advise.

W2G

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have never stayed there, but living in Bath I often go to Stourhead.

The CL is adjacent to the main carpark, which obviously gets alot of activity and it is not very private because it is only roped off with no screening , it is flat though. The entrance is close by as is also the restaurant which serves up some very nice food. Toilet facilities (public) are well kept being National Trust.

Hope that this is better than no info.

regards, Ruby (Exsis)

Thank you Ruby, much appreciated.

Like you, we live close by and thought it would make a nice weekend away at some point.

I just had the location in my mind that it was next to the Spread Eagle car park but of course it's next to the main NT car park up the hill.

Thanks for your input.

W2G

Hi W2G,

If you look on Google maps Here you'll see the CL looking a bit like an aerial runway with 5 bays. We parked in the staff car park next to it last year as there wasn't room in the main car park and a member of staff asked us to.

It's a great place to visit if you've never been before.

Keith.

Archived