You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Sites and places to stay -> Sites Speak
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Visiting Keukenhoff Gardens
AuthorMessage
userblaven
Posted: 21 March 2017 1:23 PM
Subject: Visiting Keukenhoff Gardens

Keeps coming back for more

Hi there. We're off to Holland end of April with the intention of visiting Keukenhoff for the Tulips. Is there a decent campsite nearby for our small Fiat motorhome, or should we stay nearer to Amsterdam and drive there,-given that we want to visit the city for about 3-4 days anyway?
userdora_ex
Posted: 26 March 2017 8:33 PM
Subject: RE: Visiting Keukenhoff Gardens

Liking what I've found

We stayed nearby at Camping Duinpan (N 52.26822, E 4.46977) as easy cycle ride to Kuekenhof about 3 miles away.

We know others who have stayed at Camping De Hof van Eeden in Lisse (N 52.22122, E 4.55380 ) which is slightly closer.

There are also plenty of aires around that area if you want just a place for overnight.
userPJay
Posted: 26 March 2017 11:35 PM

Forum master

blaven - 2017-03-21 1:23 PM

Hi there. We're off to Holland end of April with the intention of visiting Keukenhoff for the Tulips. Is there a decent campsite nearby for our small Fiat motorhome, or should we stay nearer to Amsterdam and drive there,-given that we want to visit the city for about 3-4 days anyway?

I think end of April , will be a bit late for the tulips!. i went many years ago, and the parade of floats was early April. I see you live very north, and my tulips. have been out for weeks, and most are going over!

If you google, you may get some idea of the dates

it was a wonderful site to see.
PJay

you will get more responses if you move you question to the main forum
PJay,

Edited by PJay 2017-03-26 11:37 PM
userblaven
Posted: 18 May 2017 8:35 AM

Keeps coming back for more

Just as a postscript:- we arrived Keukenhof 29th April. Massive displays with no hint of tulips being past their best. Obviously there were some 'earlies ' which had lost their petals, but on the whole, it was a staggering display with maybe another week or two to run. Very crowded, but I would recommend it, and I'm not a gardener!

We stayed at Campin Op Hoop Van Zegen. Ok, but dodgy electric supply getting shut down on a regular basis.

Edited by blaven 2017-05-18 8:41 AM
userPJay
Posted: 18 May 2017 11:13 AM

Forum master

blaven - 2017-05-18 8:35 AM

Just as a postscript:- we arrived Keukenhof 29th April. Massive displays with no hint of tulips being past their best. Obviously there were some 'earlies ' which had lost their petals, but on the whole, it was a staggering display with maybe another week or two to run. Very crowded, but I would recommend it, and I'm not a gardener!

We stayed at Campin Op Hoop Van Zegen. Ok, but dodgy electric supply getting shut down on a regular basis.

So glad you did get to see the bulbs. As I said it was a long time ago (1951) when I went.I guess it is much bigger now anyway, as they where still getting back to growing after the war.
PJay
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator