Want to review a campsite for Out & About Live?

peterrosey

As part of our ongoing website improvements, we're looking to get more campsite reviews listed and we're looking for your help.

So, if you have a digital camera and can bash out about 500 words on a campsite then we'd love to hear from you.

Who knows, if you're really talented, this could be your gateway into a regular contributor work for the magazines, too...

If this sounds interesting please send me a personal message detailing which sites you've been to recently (nothing over a year old will be considered). Please don't just send me unsolicited stuff, just in case it's a site we've already reviewed.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Peter R

Travel & Sites Editor

Guest starspirit

Please stop printing reviews of CC and CCC sites as these are all well documented anyway and my preference would be to see more low cost quiet unknown sites high lighted.

Unless I am in a minority - no doubt we will soon hear if I am?

We're not going to stop printing CC and C&CC sites, but we are looking to be more even handed and feature a selection of sites from both the independent sector as well as the two main clubs.

One thing I'm very keen to stamp out is all the campsite duplication - endless reviews of the same old contributors favourite sites is not helpful to our readers.

• 3 weeks later...

Deafened by silence?! We do pay for these reports... and if you're staying on the sites anyway this is easy money. Plus, unlike the magazine work, it's not 'payment on publication' so the maximum earnings are uncapped. I have one freelancer who will be paid a minimum of £1000 for the sites she's reviewing.

Over to you...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just come back from a most fantastic break in Tuscany. I had been before in the past and stayed at the Colle Verde near Marcialla but was concerned about the cleanliness of the facilities - OK, I'll be honest, they were filthy. This year I discovered Camping in Tuscany, a site run by an English chap, Roy who was charming. The site is fairly small, about 50 pitches and the facilities are housed in a fabulous wooden building which apparently was imported from Finland in pieces and put together bit by bit. It was exceptionally clean and checked by the proprietor on an hourly basis. I was impressed.

The site is perfect for somewhere quiet to stay whilst exploring the Tuscan countryside. It is about 12k from Montalcino which is a lovely hill town with some superb and reasonable restaurants. The nearest village is San Giovanni D'Asso which has one of the best restaurants I have ever been to in Italy, the Castle. On my last night there, I indulged myself with Tagliolini with white truffles, local lamb and a pudding made with medlars washed down with a bottle of Montalcino Rosso. Wow.

The site isn't easy to find but if you go to the website www.camptuscany.co.uk, there is a useful map. If you would like me to write a proper review, I would be more than happy to.

Liz

• 3 months later...
peterrosey - 2007-04-13 10:20 AM

Deafened by silence?! We do pay for these reports... and if you're staying on the sites anyway this is easy money. Plus, unlike the magazine work, it's not 'payment on publication' so the maximum earnings are uncapped. I have one freelancer who will be paid a minimum of £1000 for the sites she's reviewing.

Over to you...

Hi Peter

A quick acknowledgement of the sudden spate of offers made on here might be construed as good manners by some

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are off to France soon for xmas up the Alps to Pralognan vanoise .

Dont know about the sking bit but I think well I know I'm going to try Mushing with the Dogs.

Mind you Jackie what ever I write would keep the proof readers and the editors in stiches for weeks. :D :D thats before they put in the ,,,,,'''''bits. :D

cant say I'm not trying can they ..Anyway when I get to be the No Star in the car they will want it in the Mag then wont they :D Oh me and Jezza :$

Hi,

following this thread I sent a PM to Peter a while ago offering to submit some European site reviews but didn't get a reply :'(

Anyway we had a review in MMM for Camping Al Lago at Ledro Italy last year and there is a letter in the new December MMM from Jacky Brown thanking us as they really enjoyed staying there. We have sent an email to the site owners as we are definitely a couple but we stayed there a couple of years before the article was published B-)

So we are keen to submit reviews if there is anyone there that wants them.

We list all the sites we have stayed at on our website

Steve

Just to let everyone who sent me an email know, I haven't forgotten about these, but haven't had time to do my inbox (another two projects take precedence before Christmas). So I'll send replies in the New Year.

But I do have a lottery joke for you by way of consolation:

Man prays to God every week and says "why can't you make me win the lottery?"

Every week the same thing happens - he doesn't win.

This goes on for several months, until the man finally snaps.

"That's it I'm jacking this religion, you've forsaken me. Why can't you do something so I can keep my faith? Just give me a sign and make me win the lottery"

Suddenly there's a mighty flash of light from the heavens and a deep voice booms out:

"At least meet me half way and buy a ticket..."

Archived