Winter sites in France

Wee Jock and Doris

If you mean the riviera Jock, one that I have used mid-winter is La Vieille Ferme, Villeneuve-Loubet, near Antibes. Open all year but take a look at their web site to confirm if your interested.

I think that open sites may be thin on the ground however until you get around the Spanish border area.

Guest Tracker

The ACSI 'Camping Card' book gives discounted set fee prices for many sites and might be a good way to pre budget and pre plan sites and their costs?

It seems to be issued annually but I can't seem to discover when it runs from and to?

Tracker - 2007-10-29 7:11 PM

The ACSI 'Camping Card' book gives discounted set fee prices for many sites and might be a good way to pre budget and pre plan sites and their costs?

It seems to be issued annually but I can't seem to discover when it runs from and to?

a calendar year - ie discount card is currently valid for 2007, unlike CCI which runs for 12 months from date of issue.

best deals imo from here:

http://vicarious-shop.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=2&sc_id=&p_id=20

B-)

Only been over to France for 1 winter, we turned up at more than one site which was indicated to be open, (in our camping books), only to find it was closed. However, with only one exception, we saw someone at these sites, a caretaker perhaps, and they allowed us to stay overnight. Hook ups were still on and water available. Can you imagine that over here??

Martyn

I'll second that Martyn as this has happened to us more than once. If anyone is around doing out of season repairs, etc, they will often accomodate you although officially closed. They do seem to have a more laid back attitude to these sort of things than us - it's health and safety, or insurance problems you see, springs to mind.

Hi,

Can't help with campsites really, as I have only passed through the south of France in Winter whilst on my way to Spain and Portugal. I shall be crossing over in January as well but do not expect warm weather until south of Barcelona and not really warm ( as in British summer warm) until well south of Valencia. However, I wish you luck and hope you have an enjoyable time.

Peter

Archived