blue badge in europe

mpb

mpb - 2008-01-20 4:58 PM

would anyone know if the "blue badge" alows free travel 0n toll roads in france and italy. it is not very clear on various websites regarding this matter.

cheers

m.p.brown

live long and prosper :D

Hi M.P.Brown,

Your m/h will be Classe 2 in France, if you are a blue badge holder and the m/h is vehicle licence exempt you can have it reduced to Classe 1, just show your blue badge and ask for Handicappe Classe une s.v.p.

There are no discounts/reductions available on the Italian Autostradas.

Safe travelling.

Don

"Sorry just re-read Don's reply I'm a plonker, well at least I can second what Don says."

I am not going to argue with Don's reply as he is probably more knowlegeable than me on this subject.

But, during our recent jaunt over the xmas period we asked on the Toll roads for:

Class 1 handicap thank you in French of course.

This was granted on most toll roads the exception being the Bridge at Honfleur and one section of the A13 I think.

Free travel NON!

Pete

peteS - 2008-01-20 7:22 PM

"Sorry just re-read Don's reply I'm a plonker, well at least I can second what Don says."

I am not going to argue with Don's reply as he is probably more knowlegeable than me on this subject.

But, during our recent jaunt over the xmas period we asked on the Toll roads for:

Class 1 handicap thank you in French of course.

This was granted on most toll roads the exception being the Bridge at Honfleur and one section of the A13 I think.

Free travel NON!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Remember it's France and you are at the mercy of the toll booth operator. I think most of the Autoroute companies are privately owned so they might not all give the discount.

Don

Archived