clubs

ROON

Not sure where to put this. Can anyone tell me which is the best CL club to join as there appear to be two major ones. Is it worthwhile me joining BOTH are do they both just reproduce each other's offers? Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joy (I have a Motor Home)

ROON - 2008-06-17 3:51 PM

Not sure where to put this. Can anyone tell me which is the best CL club to join as there appear to be two major ones. Is it worthwhile me joining BOTH are do they both just reproduce each other's offers? Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joy (I have a Motor Home)

Not sure what you mean by a 'CL' club.

If you mean Caravan Club, or Camping and Caravanning Club, I think it is thought by some ( but wait for the flak ) that The C&CC are a bit more friendly towards motorhomes.

I've been with C&CC for many years and been very satisfied with sites, services etc.

I am now in both clubs as between them they have a vast range of CL and CS sites ( i.e. basic sites on farms - fields etc).

(Many, many, years ago I wandered through a Caravan Club site and all the men seemed to be wearing ties - put me right off !!!)

;-) ;-)

Hi Roon i am in the caravan & camping club the sites are very good but like yourself i have a motorhome and some of the sites will only let you book a min of two nights if you are booking on the phone or internet and if you are touring this is a bit of a pain so its the caravan club for me from now on Yours on the road Edgar

I was in C&CC but left, I allways refer to it as the 'Unfriendly Club' due to nature of some of the site wardens, but I may rejoin to gain access to CS's which although private are certified by club and are only supposed to allow club members in. CC has a similier system.

Wouldn't it be nice if clubs could agree on some CS CL sharing.

Hi Roon

I am in both the clubs now, each has its advantages and disadvantages.

CC&C:

For: Reductions for over 55's for low season and on some sites all year.

Cheaper site fees on the whole.

Good facilities usually and some very friendly wardens.

You can earn free pitch fee nights in the low and medium periods.

Against: £25 deposit required and if you cancel it is kept until you make another booking.

Usually directed to a pitch with no choice.

If you arrive before 12 they will charge an extra £5

Hardstanding pitches on grids which look nice when the grass grows through but they get water-logged in bad weather.

CC:

For: Can usually choose pitch and hardstandings are on gravel.

Against: Wardens can be snooty and so can some of the campers.

Charges can be quite dear.

My club for lone campers generally use CC&C sites but the number of £25 deposits can add up.

Incidentally Roon I have sent you a PM.

following from Patricia's post

one potential problem with CC is that they DON'T charge a deposit - so a lot of sites get booked up early in the year - but then have a lot of no shows / last minute cancellations.

not sure that this affects their CL / CS network though

B-)

probably not - I think it's just to make sure you only book for definite slots.

we're no longer in the CC - but we used to use their 'town based' sites for weekends - like Bowness, Coniston, Hawes, York etc - at the beginning of the season, used to spend ages trying to get through - then someone told me it was because members were on line for ages booking lots of sites on most weekends -

must admit I don't like the minimum stay rule for C&CC - more suited to caravans n tents - than campervans

B-)

Archived