fishing!

fisherman

We live in the north east of England (East Yorkshire) and would appreciate anyone to let us know where there are sites with access to fishing. We would prefer certified sites or smaller commercial sites and also within a couple of hours drive from home. B-)

Hi Fisherman,

The Caravan Club has a list of all Certified Locations with access to fishing, they list about 15 in the East Riding alone, and dozens in the rest of Yorkshire.

If you're not a member just tell me which area your want to visit and I will check it out for you.

I'm sure other members on here will have some recommendations.

Tight Lines :-)

Shona

• 1 month later...

Hi Michele

Well you can use lures to catch just about anything. They are popular for Salmon & trout in the right rivers or lochs. They are also used for Sea Bass if you are in the right location. and are successful for Pike, perch and other coarse fish.

ps. We are enjoying the Motorhome and just back from 2 weeks doing the Outer Hebrides !!

Where have you been this year ? Or have you not been yet ??

Ken

Butch,

Thank you for the answer I fish I always manage to catch something but what I catch i have no idea usually little and one with teeth and long.around 13 inch..We usually go to France and we are off agin on Friday for two weeks to Bezier the south of France for our annual holidays.

Whilst there I would like to do my fishing bit again I love the relaxation of it all just sitting on the rocks fishing I fish with anything you can tell I really know what I,m on about can't you I use worms with legs ugh and sweetcorn and even bread the fish must be hungry because I never fail..

:D I,m glad you are enjoying your motor home and I hope it continues .

happy travels. ;-)

Michele,

Hope you have a great holiday, and take the camera with you !! I'm intersted to see what kind of fish you are catching in the south of france.

We've never been to Bezier before and would love to know about the sites, things to do etc etc. so please feel free to email or pm when you get back.

Ken

God the French are a different breed if the fish is 2 inches they eat it probably some eat smaller . Theres me tryng to put em back and hey ho up they run with a bucket ? it makes me laugh the thought of cooking em I would ask whats for starters :D . Son caught one once around 13inch with teeth lonf skinny silver thing bloody horrible if you ask me.

I just love sitting on the rocks all day so relaxing watching them swim past I always manage to get a bite makes me laugh really as I dont like the rods I just have a pole haha ;-)

Butch , same size but more of a Marlin like head if that makes sense . I will see if I can find the photo but in this house don't hold your breath ..butch what should i fish with then its only the Estuary on the way out to the sea boats up and down both sides . Quite wide though if I cast out I can't see I dont like that because I,m impatient so I sits and plays on the rocks I love it but I wont touch them hubby chucks them back in for me .

I told you I use worms with legs horrible sweetcorn bread and sometimes I put in prawns they eat anything . :D

Sounds like you are already using effective baits !!

So i would probably only try something different - like lures to try and tempt different species.

Email me a piccy of one of these that you have caught and i'll try and identify it for you.

Ken

Archived