midges ?

mpb

midges ?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends largely on the weather but normally from late July through to late September. They are really only a problem on the West Coast and more prominent around the fresh water Lochs or damp areas. You should not get any problems with the little blighters on the East Coast and in June on the West Coast

One of the best repellants is Avon Skin-so-Soft the green lotion version.

KB.

Hi, We have been to Scotland 4 times,towing a Corniche, whether we were lucky or not, I am not sure, We always went Mid May for 3 weeks or maybe a little longer and never had any problem, Also we were very fortunate with the weather. Luck again??? wish you well and have a Fab time it is beautiful there Ria .

Guest Tracker

They start in May depending on temperature whether 'tis early or late and go on till October, again depending on temperature.

The little beggars don't like it cold and windy, but they do like warm still damp conditions best!

If your going in June my advice Go down the East and come back down the East (lol)

We did what you are planning few years ago and crossed over to Ullerpool which was alright and I remember stopping at Loch Long we were plagued with midges. Places like New England Bay Near Stranrae should be alright and we were alright at Oban. But its a bit of a gamble places like Mull I wouldnt go in June. Anyway its an experience and you can get lots of preparations (supposidly) Good Luck.

Archived