touring the netherlands

joanden

hi a nice site we stayed in a couple of years ago in luxemburg was camping kockleschlur, short walk through woods to park & ride bus into centre of luxemburg

as for holland have stayed near coast at both camping konsinghoff & duinrell both pretty good

hope this is some help

hi we went to denmark/sweden last june and on the way back decided to take a look at amsterdam.we stayed at a nice site right in amsterdam city and walked to the river(about 10 minutes) where we got the free "taxi boat" across to the city centre (a few minutes).it was about 24 e a night. then we went to a town called "enkhuisen"(think that's the right spelling) about 40 miles away, and stayed at a lovely site, right in the centre of town, and for 15e even got free tickets to the musuem (well worth a visit) the town was very picturesque and we are planning on going there again, two nights just wasn't long enough.

Drove through Holland on our way to Germany, the sites we stayed at were www.Jagtveld.nl situated 3min from Hook of Holland ferry, good stopover, turn left at the first set of lights when leaving the ferry.

If you want to visit Amsterdam try www.campingamsterdam.com you can buy bus/ train tickets from reception, bus stops right outside camp site.

On the way back to the ferry we stayed at www.campingdepaardebloem.nl a small farm site called Mini Camping "De Paardeloem"

Happy traveling

I am at present on a site in Luxembourg near the German border in a small village called Rosport.  The camp site is called Camping du Barrage  and I  can really say it is excellent with good facilities and right next to the river Saur.  The owner is really helpful and keeps the place in excellent order, hence I have no problem in recommending it to other people.

Archived