WARNING-Red Lion Campsite, Norton, Gloucestershire

Guest cathy28

Guest cathy28
My friend visited the Red Lion site last weekend and had a very bad experience. Recently widowed, she decided to go camping again with her 4 year old son. At approx 11.30pm , a bunch of mid 40's returned to their tent next to my friend. What followed, was extreme bad language and very loud music. When she asked them politely to turn the music down, she was taunted with abuse. They then slashed her new tent with knives, narrowly missing her son inside. The police were powerless to do anything as she couldn't prove it was done by these yobs. Even the site managers weren't very helpful. Maybe because this site is next to a pub, this is why there was a problem? I wouldn't recommend this site to anybody, and she has certainly been scarred and won't be camping for a while.

Guest Samantha
Being a single parent of three girls, i was really scared of going camping on my own. But a friend got me to join the Caravan and camping club and i only go to their registered sites. On all the sites I have been to, if theres been a problem with noisy neighbours the managers have always sorted it out. Please tell you friend that my thoughts are with her, and not to be to put off as not all campers are bad campers. Try the Kelvedon hatch campsite in Brentwood Essex, not much there (just the way I like it) but my kids occupy themselves with the swingpark and nature walks. Fantastic site, we go two/three times a year. All the best Samantha

• 1 month later...
Guest louise griffiths
jus read your msg i think your friends experience was terrible but putting negative comments regarding the camp site was wrong, you can get that sort of behaviour on any site u go to, yobs don't need a camp site by a pub to get drunk, they'll take their own booze. we went to this camp site with friends and between us we had 4 kids under the age of 10, we had a fantastic time and the owners were more than hepful in all matters,so much so we are going back there nxt weekend.

Archived