You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Tent Camping -> Tent Talk
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Any good recommendations on campsites in Scotland??
AuthorMessage
userscottycamper
Posted: 26 February 2015 11:07 AM
Subject: Any good recommendations on campsites in Scotland??

Just joined

Hi there,

I'm doing a tour in August, wither with my tent or a camper if I can use a friends and wondered if anyone had some good recommendations of where to head and must see campsites?! I'm going for three weeks and up for a bit of adventure!
userAlex Carr
Posted: 17 May 2016 10:43 AM
Subject: RE: Any good recommendations on campsites in Scotland??

Just joined

Red Squirrel Campsite, Glencoe. Gorgeous location, off the beaten track.
userKreardon
Posted: 30 August 2016 8:51 PM
Subject: RE: Any good recommendations on campsites in Scotland??

Just joined

Hi!

I'm currently towards the tail end of a 2 week camping trip in Scotland, stopped at three places all of which I'd highly recommend.

1) Castle Point in Rockcliffe near Dalbeattie. It's a nice site near an amazing coastal walk! It gets windy because of how close to the sea it is but that shouldn't put you off. Also near a 7stanes mountain bike route.

2) Glenn Nevis Campsite near Fort William. The scenery is amazing, again fantastic walks and the added benefit of being next to Ben Nevis. Take some midge spray but it's not that bad to be honest.

3) Drumroamin Campsite. Again next to the coast so it's windy but a fantastic rural area. Next to a working farm, the lady who runs it is really friendly and helpful.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator