Campsite in Norfolk

silverbike

Can anyone recommend a campsite on the Norfolk coast with access to the beach and/or a campsite pool, some entertainment for a 9 year-old but not too full of ranks of statics? I'm sure I saw one on-line but can't find it again! I've asked the same question on the motorhome forum - legit. as we're taking both a tent and a motorhome and I figure different people might restrict themselves to different forums!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Searle's at Hunstanton is beach side, a large family site with entertainmant & kids club.

Although there are many statics close to the entrance, there is a very large Touring & Tent area,

Also only a few minutes from town centre & close to Tesco's (entrance on opposite side of the Searl's entrance roundabout)

We have only stopped out of season, Toilet blocks very clean, but not sure how facilities cope in main season.

http://www.searles.co.uk/

• 4 weeks later...

We thought Searles was awful, just like a holiday camp. Units were allowed to drive around the site after dark looking for a pitch. In the morning tents had pitched so close to other units, the drivers couldn't get their vehicles off their pitch. Screaming children at 6 in the morning (though I suppose these can be found on other sites) The beach is hard sand with a shingle topping - no sand castles here! No sea view either as there are enormous concrete sea defences before you get to the beach.

On a positive note, there is a site with 50 pitches in Mundesley, Sandy Gulls Caravan Park, Cromer Road NR11 8DF, 01263 720513. There are some statics here, but a separate area for touring. Some of the pitcches are slightly sloping, but the site is cliff top, and walking distance from the beach. Village shop nearby for food.

A "back to nature" site is High Sand Creek at Siffkey. Only for tents and motorhomes - no electric hook-ups though. Look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk for reviews. Although I haven't stayed here, the reviews speak for themselves.

Archived