Campsites in Normandy

Lannier

Would suggest the municipal site at Bayeux for one. It is easy to find and one can walk into the town easily. There is, or used to be, a large super market near by. Another good site is at Isigny sur Mer (which is no longer sur mer). Easy walk into the town. Ste-Mere-Eglise and Arromanches have good sites which may suit. I am sure others will come up good suggestions. Good luck and enjoy your trip. We may see you in Normandy.

Empress

michele - 2007-01-21 3:00 PM

St michaels Mount you can park at the mount if the tide is not in around 8 euro's for 24 hours no electric The view is awsome.

Also well worth a vist .

Good luck

That's gone up a bit since my last visit (2004). Well worth while though.

I understood that they were intending to remove the causeway to try to stop the silting up. Has this happened?

You used to be able to park near the mount but last time I was there the Camping Car park had moved back down the road.

PS I nearly used CC as an abbreviation for Camping Car. Close one, I don't want to start Starspirit and Frank off again :-D :-D

• 1 month later...

hey ralph sorry never saw this as I have been in the Hospital with the little one again.

No it has not happened not that we are aware of last there in Sep 06.

the first time we went it was awsome . It still is a beautiful place hard to believe that all that is going on in them walls..8 euros and get a ticket and yes right under the mount so no long walk...

Archived