Does making your tent like home spoil the fun?

Camping_Ed

Does making your tent like home spoil the fun?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Retread24800 - 2012-08-21 6:07 PMWhen we were tenting and trailer tenting we did it for fun, I'm sorry but the lack of fridge, decent cooker, Barby, portaloo, electric light, table, chairs and comfy beds detracts from a fun time.

Masochism was never high on my list :D

Precisely.If you don't like camping, get yourself a caravan ( or motorhome ).... and if you can't afford that I can only suggest you go ' bed and breakfast.' ;-)

malc d - 2012-08-21 8:44 PM
Retread24800 - 2012-08-21 6:07 PMWhen we were tenting and trailer tenting we did it for fun, I'm sorry but the lack of fridge, decent cooker, Barby, portaloo, electric light, table, chairs and comfy beds detracts from a fun time.

Masochism was never high on my list :D

Precisely.If you don't like camping, get yourself a caravan ( or motorhome ).... and if you can't afford that I can only suggest you go ' bed and breakfast.' ;-)

No need we had all those things plus lots more floor space in our family size frame tent and then an embarrassingly large TT from Erka :-)

It was travelling way down south and seeing people able to have a shower on a car park and cups of coffee inside their caravans while we were trapped in the car watching the rain on a ferry port that finally persuaded us that a Caravan would give more freedom. There are no brownie points in being uncomfortable. Though I have always thought that there was a form of inverted snobbery inherent in people who drag their families away for a fortnights outward bound survival course.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived