Dracote water, Kite Hardwick nr Rugby.CV23 8AB

peakepilote

Hi all

Just got back from a day out in Rugby!! I know it sounds silly, but my 10 year old son was playing footy there at 2.30 pm and I hadn't took the van out for a while , so i said to the wife should we go for a ride out ? where to she said? On the net I went,and the only place i could find with a bird hide and a bike trail was Dracote water. So off we went. 9.45 am on the road , which is early for us on a sunday.there by 10 20. Bacon butties by eleven.

what a great place for a bike ride or a walk or just a picnic. The sailing club adds to the scenery which scatters the body of water with boats. five miles to ride round the water , which is mostly flat , and many a bench to rest. B-) A real nice place to spend a day or even a couple of hour, and only for a small fee of £1.50 parking :-D . Mind you , one negative - those joggers never stop talking you know 8-) . i don't know how they mange to run 5 miles and never shut up (!) (!) and to top it all a 5-1 win for the lad and a sunday carvery at the Longshoot on the way home washed down with a fine pint of guiness :-D :-D

If you like a walk or a bike ride, get yourself there. let me know how you get on. (?)

Archived