Easiest tent for one person to put up

jomorris

Hi

I'm in need of some advice. Fairly new to camping, been a few times with friends but now want to venture on my own. Problem is, I have a LOT of stuff and don't like being too cramped up. Anyone got any ideas on what is the biggest tent that can be pitched by one person? I struggle with anything to heavy and the ones that you can stand up in seem to need two people to pitch them. I've looked at the cinch pop tent, does anyone have any experience of this or any other 3-4 man tents that are roomy and east to pitch? Budget of about £100. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I take loads of stuff camping too..... and I've had the Quechua Base 4.2 Seconds Pop-up for 2 seasons now and it's great to put up and get down solo. Even if it does get a little fun occasionally, (my dog assists by lying on top of it while I get it in the big circular bag!!!) I can sling the bag complete over my shoulders and carry OK like a rucksack, maybe not for a long hike though and I got it off Ebay for £120, but it had only been used once.

It's a classic arch shape, looks a little oriental and has two double size sleeping pods either side with enough standing room for up to a 6 footer in the middle roomy living area.

Definitely worth looking at if you like space under canvas. Good Luck!

(lol)

Thanks for the tip, seetheworld! I was about to ask quite a similar question since I want to hike the West highland Ways from Glasgow to Fort William together with two friends in August. We are still undecided whether to take one large tent or three small ones, but I reckon we will go for a big one. Saves money if we have to pay any fees an camping sites and altogether I think a large one might be lighter in the end than three small ones.

Bought the Quechua Base 4 and have a good feeling about it! Now my only concern is that one of my friends is going to pack way more than she ought to. Problem is that she never did any hiking tour that lasted longer than a day before and wants to be prepared and equipped for every situation imaginable. I am especially worried about all the make-up stuff and skin treatment products.. need to talk that out of her which won't be easy...

Archived