FAMILY CAMPING

Guest PAUL PROCTOR

Guest PAUL PROCTOR
HI, MY WIFE AND I ARE KEEN TO START CAMPING WHILE OUR BABY IS STILL YOUNG(1 YEAR OLD). CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVICE ON MAKING THIS POSSIBLE OR IS IT A COMPLETELY STUPID IDEA IN ANYONE ELSES EXPERIENCE. ALSO I'M TRYING TO FIND A REPUTABLE TENT STORE NEAR PORTSMOUTH THAT HAS THE TENTS ERECTED TO BE VIEWED. ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED TVM

Guest Samantha
Not stupid at all. As a single mum of three children, I can honestly say camping is the best holidays we have had. My younger brother and sister in law have just been away for the second time this year with two children, my niece is three and my nephew was 4weeks old when they went. They thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Couple of hints, if you don,t have own sanitation then ask to be placed near to the toilets, for those night visits with a little one and if your camping in high season and its hot, take a small inflatable paddling pool, doesn,t take long to fill and the kids absolutely love it. couple of inches of water,couple of plastic boats and your away. happy camping. Samantha

Guest PAUL PROCTOR
MANY THANKS FOR THE REPLY, WE DON'T FEEL LIKE WE'RE THE ONLY ONES NOW. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER TIPS FOR LOOKING AFTER THE NIPPER. OBVIOUSLY WE'RE USED TO HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING AT THE TOUCH OF A BUTTON AT HOME. I HAVE A FEELING THAT I'M JUST TRYING TO BE OVER PREPARED DAD THOUGH!

Guest samantha
Hello again, sorry for the delay, just had to feed the kids. I have a few more hints that might be of help to you. You can get an infants inflatable bed with sides on to stop them falling out. My sister in law takes baby milk in cartons instead of powder because its already made up. We feed the kids things like ravioli, irish stew,rice pudding,custard, anything that we can cook in one pan. Anything quick and easy. Practice putting the tent up and down before you go away so that you are confident, mind you there is always someone willing on site to lend a hand.We always sit the kids on a blanket or in a buggy with some toys while we pitch ......

Guest samantha
...the tents. My children are now old enough tho sort of help, 5,8,11. Mind you I wish they sere small again, it was easier to keep an eye on them. They move around to much now. Let me know if i can be of any more assistance. I can always ask my brother any hints as his kids are younger. Samantha

Guest PAUL PROCTOR
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY, IT'S MOST APPRECIATED. ANY HINTS AND TIPS YOU COULD GIVE WOULD BE WARMLY WELCOMED. ONCE AGAIN THANKS PAUL

Guest Rachel
We have been taking our daughter camping since she was a baby and now at nearly 5 she can't get enough of camping. My best buy has been a good quality travel cot that can also be used as a playpen while you are setting up the tent. We also took her baby bath so we could continue the bedtime routine, resulting in a well settled baby at bedtime. Hope you enjoy your camping.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr & Mrs Lopes
Hi I feel it is a good thing to go camping when your child is young, we went with our son who was only 3 months last month and he really took to it, he really enjoyed the natural light and he slept great, better than at home, as long as you keep them warm enough,i don't see any problem,the younger they are the better as they get used to it and it will become part of their way of living,What a great time we all had we are also booked up to go camping again in September. can't get enough of it Hope you enjoy your camping

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marie proctor
this yesr was my three year old sons first camping trip he really enjoyed it he had an in flateable bed and slept well every night, alot of familys with younger kids take travel cots with them it gives them peice of mind that the kids are safe and in one place,im in portsmouth and havent seen any big camping stores but there is hants and dorset camping in purbrook which has a few tents up on show we are selling a sunncamp festiva it sleeps 12 has massive living area and the bedrooms can fit 2 double airbeds in easily (3 bedrooms) you can stand up in them and can fit a travel cot, and you can stand up fully inside, its ideal as you can fit a cooker and picnic table inside and have loads of space ,there is me hubby and two kids great family tent, 125.00 we are in waterlooville come and see if you are interested message back, we are airing it out in garden today.

Archived