Fridge freezer or both?

Micky_McFinn

Hi guys, new to the forum and camping and first post here and I need to pick some brains.

We have just bought a new oasis 8 tent with the intention of going away at weekends and, work permitting, longer stays of upto a couple of weeks. I really need advice on what would be better, separate table top fridge and freezer or a small fridge freezer. I know on some sites we would be limited with the amps and I'm confused as to weather any of the above appliances would work on a EHU. We were thinking of buying readily available appliances from citrusy dixons etc rather that the more expensive special camping appliances.. Any help is most welcome.

Mike

• 4 months later...

Hi Mike, unless you really need it don't bother trying to get a fridge freezer for camping. decide which is most important Fridge or Freezer then buy a waeco compresser type cool box which can be used as a fridge or freezer dependant on the temperature you set, these are more useful because they run from 12v and you can take them out with you in the boot of the car, not just when you co camping but for other days out, I have one which I use in the car and motorhome as well as camping.

Waeco are more expensive than some others but are extremely reliable and hardwearing, i don't have any affiliation to waeco just my personal experience of trial and error.

Archived