Hello - Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a video showing how to erect a tent

celtic_heart

Hello & Happy New Year

Im totally new to camping and my husband an I bought a royal bordeaux 6 in September and have tried putting it up once but after an hour of getting knowhere fast need some advice.

We wondered if there is a website or a youtube that shows a video of someone putting up a tunnel type tent so that we can get an idea of what to do.

We've fallen in love with the tent and really want to use it in the spring but fear that we're not going to be able to put it up. Does anyone know of a service where you can pay to be shown and taught to put up your tent.

Thanks in advance of your replies.

Leanne

:-S

Hi Leanne,

Happy new year and welcome to the forum,

If you can't find a video, etc, then try going back to the store where you bought the tent from and ask them for advice. Failing that find a store with the same or a similar tent and play dumb and ask them to show you how it's done before you buy one (just a little white lie!).

Keith.

• 2 months later...

Hi

just a thought, have you looked on 'you tube'?, we didnt find the dvd very helpful for our Outwell tent and when we checked you tube the guys from 'yeomans' had posted a film of them putting up lots of different tents, it was really helpful and much more realistic than the DVD that came with our tent :-D

hope this is of some help

Allie

:-D

• 10 months later...
celtic_heart - 2009-01-03 2:43 PM

Hello & Happy New Year

Im totally new to camping and my husband an I bought a royal bordeaux 6 in September and have tried putting it up once but after an hour of getting knowhere fast need some advice.

We wondered if there is a website or a youtube that shows a video of someone putting up a tunnel type tent so that we can get an idea of what to do.

We've fallen in love with the tent and really want to use it in the spring but fear that we're not going to be able to put it up. Does anyone know of a service where you can pay to be shown and taught to put up your tent.

Thanks in advance of your replies.

Leanne

:-S

try here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyvAIFzK_xw

Archived