Help me find a quiet family campsite in lakes

Guest steph shayle

Guest steph shayle
I've just returned from a break in the lakes 31/8-2/9 and stayed at the National Trust site in Great Langdale.We found the noise terrible at night with one group pitching up two tents at 2am! Undeterred we wish to go back to the lakes with our children but can anyone recommend a good quiet site with facilities. Thanks

Steph Try this one : http://www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk/ Camped there several times with my two children - they love the play facilities and the railway. Local pubs excellent too. Will be visiting again late Sept. Even allow campfires so great for those cooler autumn nights. Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I have stayed in the statics here and the camping bit looks good.. there's a massive green for the kids to play on and fly kites etc.. great walking aroundabout too and Keswick is a 5 minute car ride or a 1 hour walk along the country roads.. Fantastic part of the world!

• 7 months later...
Hi steve and all We live in the West Lakes area Yes it was busy this weekend - we dont go out at Easter, we didn't go out when we live on the East Coast either. Have you tried the West Lakes area Two sites Nr Lamplaugh across the road from each other at Dockray Meadow (I cant remember which is which just now, even though I pass them regularly) Boss says Dockray Meadow is the Caravan Club one, but across the road is a commercial site. They are a few miles from the coast and there are plenty of walks nearby. Ennerdale is a short car ride then several walks from 2 miles to 25 miles Ennerdale Horseshoe round the tops of the fells Yes Langdale is noisy kids come out from the towns and let their hair down; OK perhaps they need to, but there again you wanted some quiet There are more sites just off the A66 where the road turns down to Ullswater at Troutbeck a Campining & Caravanning Club one (opens June) and I think two commercial sites If you have kids there are some commercial sites near Allonby on the coast and two (CL & SL) on the Northern side of Maryport on the A595. Then two C&CC sites In Keswick and a CC site at Low Manesty (Grange in Borrowdale) Hope that helps

• 6 months later...
I highly recommend castle rigg manor and castle rigg farm near keswick both can be found on google.They do not allow male groups or female groups, no noise after 1030 pm or you will be woken rudely at 0700 and told to leave. Also its a good base for the mountains. Another brilliant site is Scar head camp site in Torver just south of Coniston, its the quietist site I've ever camped but a bit expensive. Talking about Langdales NS site I've camped there several times and never had a problem.I agree with people coming late and setting up.They have a few pitches on the left as you drive into the site especially for this, sadly this is not used.If they shut the barrier to the site at about 10 pm people might start using it. :->

i would say burns farm near keswick would suit you views are fantastic plenty of good walks nearby . keswick is only 3mls away for shopping . its still a working farm watched sheep shearing last time! im an ex keswickian so i know this area very well i will be going myself come the spring. the farm has its own website just type burns farm into your search engine.

Archived