Help needed ~ choosing a tent....please

Guest Liz

Hello, with all the experience on this forum I hope you will be able to help me with some questions, we are about to buy our first tent for two adults and two children (7&4) we plan to use it for weekends away during the summer time. We have been to a large showroom and seen loads of tents then started looking on the net to compare prices etc. Now after seeing and reading about so many things and getting a bit confused with all the different options I thought it may be a good idea to ask for options on here. We were going to go for a cheaper small tent with one sleeping area but now we think it would be better to go for two separate sleeping areas we really liked the style of the ones with the dome living area with the sleeping area in “pods” coming off. Now this is where you come in please could someone point us in the direction of which manufacturer and makes are the best, we don’t really want to spend more than £200.00 but hope we can get a decent tent for this. We would appreciate any information that will help us with our quest!! One final question is it better to have an integral sewn in ground sheet in the living area as some do and some don’t? Many thanks in advance I’m sure I will be back with more questions in the next few weeks!! Liz

Guest clivehead
if u r looking for a tent why not try the army and navy stores, they have a wide range of tents. and other goodys that u may need.

Guest Colin
Hi Liz, First of all the easy question. I would definatley say yes to the sewn in groundsheet in the living area. As for which tent to buy, well there are severqal brands which are good eg, Vango, outwell. There are other compainies, but i tend to syick to those two. One person will sing the praises of one whilst someone else will sing the praises of the other. at the moment we have a vango dialbo 900 which is one with the pods coming of the sides. It has 3 bedrooms, and even though we only need two, the third makes a useful storage area. The down side to it is that even though it is nice, it is huge and takes about an hour and a half to put up. There is also the vango diablo 600 which only has two bedrooms. If you are only going to be useing it for weekends, i guess you have to weigh up the whether it is worth the hassle of putting up a big tent over having less space. Hope this helps a little. Here is a link to another forum, which by the way is excellet for campsite reviews. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ Good luck !! Colin

Archived