Montana 4 and loving it!

Guest m@rk

After a camping trip to N wales the other week in a Gelert "Rennesons 3plus" my partner (who is a Girly Girl converted to camping) managed to introduse electricity in to the tent!! straightning hair as rain pounded the sides of the tent. On return we desided we needed a larger, more comfatable tent and so not needing much encoragement I began resurching all makes and stiles. We finaly desided on the Outwell Montana 4. That was the easy bit this tent is well sort after, I managed in the end to find one at my local supplier. I have since set it up in the garden and all I can say is its a bomb proof little cabbin. But packs up and sits nicely in my nissan micra boot. We go away again this weekend along with electric hookup. Who said camping had to be hard work? my girl manages in high heels, skirts and straight hair.

Guest margaret
Glad you like it, I've waited 4 weeks for mine to be delivered, first trip out this weekend. Can't wait.

Its a lovely little tent plenty of light. Quick tip though, flys do get up in to the roof of the tunnel and its hard work chacing them out, use your net doors as often as possable. Enjoy your trip Dont forget to open those doors when putting up and down (Suction) also note wheather you have silver poles or brown/Gray if you have silver contact me again (dont wory though) Outwell are replacing silver with new free of charge. Some probs with splitting (I have silver when I went and I was fine as most are) Regards M@rk.

Guest margaret
Thanks for the tips. My tent has come with brown poles, and I did wonder why they were not silver. Let's hope these don't split! Off I go then.....

Guest Matt H
i have just receved my new montana 12 with brown poles, and one of the side pole sets split.So the pole problem has not gone away.

Matt If you contact Outwell they will replace (Faster than supplier cutting out middle man). mj@oase-outdoors.com Sory to hear about this hope it didnt spoil your trip.

Guest matt helm
have just phoned supplier and they are sending a replacement pole plus a spare so that makes it supplier 1 outwell 0. thanks for your help

Guest matt helm
the tent is great.not to hard to put up , and massive when done.it is also very light inside does not feel crammed at all.we are all off to newquay with the kids for our first trip in 2 weeks so keep your fingers crossed about the weather.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm desperately trying to find a Montana 4 - anyone any ideas?? All I seem to find are 12 berths - bit too big for me and my two under 8yr olds!!????

Millets direct will let you order one inn to your local store or home but could take a few weeks Best to phone around your local area within 10/20 mile (Remember your small local camp/outdoor stores thats where I ended up. Sorry cant be of any more help. M@rk

Archived