Montana 6 poles

Guest Colin Taylor

Guest Colin Taylor
Hi, I am thinking of buying an Outwell Montana 6, but am concerned to read on this forum that there is a problem with silver poles splitting, but not brown ones. How do I ensure that if I buy a Montana 6 on line, I get one with brown poles? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Colin, Not sure if you've got sorted with this yet, I would have replied earlier but seems I couldn't reply to your post (had to delete one of my 'cookies' on the PC to rectify). Anyway, Outwell are replacing all Montana poles free of charge so if you purchase a Montana 6 (same as my tent) then just email Mark Jennings at Outwell (mj@oase-outdoors.com) and he will arrange for the new type poles to be sent to you. HTH Pete.

Guest Peter
Hi Folks I am interested in buying an Outwell Montana 6 and would appreciate any comments/ advice on the subject. I'm a little concerned about poles breaking and also about how easy/ difficult it is to put the tent up. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've just bought a Montana 6, at the weekend. Are we talking about the metal poles? The main poles I have are brown, but there is a silver coloured pole for the rain shelter bit. What ones are causing the problem? Cheers

I believe the silver ones (main ones holding up tent) were the faulty ones replaced with the brown ones which are supposed to have solved the problem. The 2 poles for rain shelter I understand are okay, though some people have found they were not included in the original packaging on the montana 6 but the shops/Outwell were happy to supply them. Incidentally, where did you managed to get your tent from? I've been wiating for "Blacks" to get hold of one for me. Cheers Peter

Guest Jimmy.
I've just purchased a montana 6 on the web £280 no p&p. from " abc caravan & camping " it was ordered one night packed next day delivered next. Excellent, off to Ecclefechan this week-end hope the tent is as good as the supplier.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmy.
Got the tent put it up in jig time brilliant loads and loads of space like the Tardis honest. but broke a pole putting it up second time in blustery wind!. abc-camping are sending a replacement right away ( thanks abc )

Archived