Montana 6

Guest Tracy

Guest Tracy
Hi Everyone I have just bought a Montana 6 and I am very excited about using it this weekend ( weather premitting ) however since i have bought it I have read a few reviews mostly fab! but some people are saying they are having problems with the poles snapping/splitting, can anyone reassure me on this. I don't want to get somewhere and the poles break!!. regards T

Guest Pete
Hi Tracey, I also have a Montana 6 and have used it twice without any issues as have many other people. I'm aware of poles issue from the Ukcampsite website. It seems a few people have had issues with the Montana 4. I've also asked Outwell about this and they are investigating but at this time they have only had around 3 or 4 returned (2 of which was from one supplier, Yeomans) BUT this has to be taken into perspective with the number that have been sold. I wouldn't worry about it as if you have any issues with poles splitting whilst camping then do a quick repair with Duct/Duck tape and then take it back to the shop for a refund/replacement. Pete.

Guest Tracy
Hi Pete. Thanks for getting back to me, and I agree with what you are saying. Its a very small amount of people that have been affected in comparison to the amount of the Montana's that have been sold. I am hoping to try the tent this weekend so fingers crossed for me ( but I will take the duck tape just in case. :) Thanks again for your feedback, and I will let you know how I get on. regards tracy ps, is the tent as good as it looks??

Guest Pete
Is the tent as good as it looks??, it sure is Tracy. Although I purchased the Side Canopy (around £70) to go with it as it allows us to sit outside sheltered from the wind/rain or sun (also helps as a dry area to take your shoes off before entering the tent). If you've not practised pitching it then just note that the pole joins are 'shaped' NOT 'squared'(as they do look square at first glance) and are meant to join one way, easily and without effort. Forcing them together against the shape would put a strain on the joints..... one reason for split poles :-) Anyway, enjoy. Regards Pete.

Guest Tracy
Excellent I am very excited about trying it out. We have bought the canopy as well :). Thanks for the information about the poles I will make sure we do it correctly. Lets hope we get some decent weather this weekend so we can try it out. Thanks again Pete, your feedback has been very helpful. regards Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adrian
I have a Montana 12(same design as the 6 only bigger) and have experinced a snapped pole, mainly due to my error, trying to force the canopy ring into the bottom of the pole without erecting it first as per instructiuons. careful examination of the instructions should prevent this. Adrian

Guest Tracy
Hi Adrian Sorry to hear about your problems with your Montana. I was concerned about the poles when I bought mine, but good news, we sucessfully put it up in the garden the other night and it was really easy to do. We followed the instructions and Pete ( from this site ) gave us some good advice as well. Really really impressed with it. Can wait to test it this coming weekend as we are going away! regards Little T

Archived