My First Family Tent

Guest Shaun

I'm contemplating my first family camping trip for round about the end of August and so I've started looking for a tent that sleeps 4 people (2 adults and 2 children). I stopped off today at Blacks and Millets and was presented with a whole array of different options (including some starter packs). I also did a search on the internet and came across the Coleman Vermont 4 tent for £75. This tent seems to offer quite allot for the money and since I don't want to spend much until I know whether my family will take to camping, then this appears (at first sight) to be quite a good choice. Can anyone please indicate whether Coleman tents are similar in quality to Blacks or Millets tents and whether this might be a reasonable choice for a first tent? Many thanks in advance, Shaun.

Hi Shaun, I too bought a starter tent from Millets, it was a Eurohike .....can't remember but it was a vis-a-vis and comprised of 2 bedrooms. It was fairly easy to erect, but I soon began to realise what was meant when tent manufacturers go on about sun factor. I would say that Coleman and Eurohike a much a muchness, so just pick one and go for it. Are you local to Reading? I could let you borrow my Eurohike for say a £50 deposit and maybe you could purchase it for that if you like it? If you require any further assistance, shout! Thanks Mike

I have found our tent, it is a Twed and can be found at http://www.millets.co.uk/Millets.storefront/EN/Product/09357942, now only £89.99 Thanks Mike

Archived